Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Do It For The Children, Axl

I'm a horrible singer. I also don't remember very many childrens songs from my youth. Not that I would sing those songs to her anyway. "Rock A Bye Baby" = Child negligence. "The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe" = Abusive Welfare mother. "Ring Around The Roise" = Its a song about The Plague, people! You don't want to know what I think of the lyrics to "Rub A Dub Dub, Three Men In A Tub".

All kidding aside, I usually pick songs from more recent memory that I know the words to. As a result, Haley's favorite bedtime song at the moment is... Sweet Child Of Mine by the 80's heavy metal group Guns And Roses. Don't knock it. Feathered hair and chain wallet aside, its not bad as lullabys go.

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Ohhhhh, Sweet child o' mine
Ohhhhh, Sweet love of mine

She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by
Ohhhhh, Sweet child o' mine
Ohhhhh, Sweet love of mine

Some of her other favorites include Fly Me To The Moon by Sinatra and Take Me Out To The Ballgame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home