Always Two There Are... A Master And An Apprentice
Another day, another step closer to having an accomplice in my schemes. Nicole had a number of things she wanted to get done around the house this past weekend. I had a few errands to run, so I took Haley with me to the mall. One of the things I needed to do was to buy a birthday card for my grandmother, so we went to the Hallmark store. Lately, Haley has been in love with Beanie Babies stuffed toys - the different colored bears in particular. Any of you that have been in a Hallmark recently know that those stores carry a TON of these things. Upon entering the store, Haley got VERY excited and ran over to play with the Beanie Babies on display. She was being really good that day, so I decided to reward her with one of the smaller bears. When we were paying for our purchase, I made the comment, "Don't tell mommy where you got this. If she asks, say, 'What bear? Where did that bear come from?'" I said all this more for the benefit of the gaggle of college girls cooing over Haley from behind the counter than anything else. When we got home, Nicole said, "Hi, Sweetie! Did Daddy get you get a bear?" To my surprise Haley responded, "Where did that bear come from?" I laughed long and hard at that one before letting Nicole in on the joke.

1 Comments:
At 7:23 PM,
Rhonda said…
Love it! She's a smart girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home