Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No, Mommy...

Ahh, I remember the days when my departure brought tears to Haley's eyes, and when I returned, she would run into my arms and demand to be picked up and cuddled. Alas, it is no more...

A friend and I swap babysitting services on Tuesdays - she takes both kids for a few hours, and then I do. It's a great way to get errands done or projects completed without little ones underfoot. So this morning I dropped Haley off at her friend Evie's house (same friend as below). Haley loves Christy (the mom) - when we have play groups, she frequently climbs into Christy's lap instead of mine. So today when I went to pick Haley up, I met them in their backyard and chatted a bit. Haley wanted to go inside, so I opened the door and we all traipsed in. Then Haley says "No, mommy, no!" and starts pushing me back outside! Apparently I wasn't invited and she was definitely not ready for me to bring her back home. Poor mommy!

(Before you cry rivers for me, she eventually snuggled up and consented to go home with me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home