What a cook, Mom!

Haley is apparently getting bored of her repertoire of dinner items. Frankly, we all are. After running through the typical items and getting no enthusiasm whatsoever, I spied Bill's Top Ramen packages in the pantry. She's had a few bites of his in the past, so I offerred her noodles for dinner. She finally showed some interest. To add a bit of health to the dish, I made it Hawaiian-style saimin, by adding some cut up tofu and some veggies. I got out a larger bowl than she's ever had, figuring soup is a little messy.
I set the bowl in front of her at the table and apparently she was expecting her normal pasta and peas when I offered noodles, because the look of surprise on her face was truly comical. She looked back up at me, put both hands on her tummy and exclaimed in absolute ecstasy, "I love you!"
The rest of the meal was true entertainment. She slurped up those long curly noodles in delight, tried her hand at chopsticks, and in general ate more in one meal than she has in the past week and a half. Wow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home