Haley's Bedtime
I used to hate putting Haley to bed. There was a time when she would fight us the whole way and would want us to read every book on her shelf before she acquiesced. But as of late, its a lot of fun. We start with story time. We "haggle" over the number of books to be read. "Pick out three books, Haley." "Four books, dad!" Then I crawl into bed with her and read.
Lately, one of her favorite books has been "Maisy Goes Shopping", which is about a cartoon mouse that goes to the grocery store. At one point, one of the characters is standing in front of a shelf lined with bottles of juice. The opposite page reads, "And what else do we need to get?" To which Haley starts pointing to the various bottles and naming them. Tonight was particularly funny because of how she ended her list: "...And red juice, and purple juice, and lemonade, and orange juice, and blue juice, and purple juice, and WOW THAT'S A LOT OF JUICE, DAD!"
Then we turn off the light and sing a few songs. As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't sing Haley "normal" lullabys. Lately, she really enjoys having me sing Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon". And has even started joining in. (Her contribution in italics.)
Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forever more...
...more...
You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.
...a door... (She points at the bedroom door.)
In other words...
Inudder words...
Please be truuuuuue...
Peas be troooooooo...
In other words...
Inudder words...
I love you.
I love you too, dad! (Big hug!)
Like I said... I really enjoy putting her to bed now.
Lately, one of her favorite books has been "Maisy Goes Shopping", which is about a cartoon mouse that goes to the grocery store. At one point, one of the characters is standing in front of a shelf lined with bottles of juice. The opposite page reads, "And what else do we need to get?" To which Haley starts pointing to the various bottles and naming them. Tonight was particularly funny because of how she ended her list: "...And red juice, and purple juice, and lemonade, and orange juice, and blue juice, and purple juice, and WOW THAT'S A LOT OF JUICE, DAD!"
Then we turn off the light and sing a few songs. As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't sing Haley "normal" lullabys. Lately, she really enjoys having me sing Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To The Moon". And has even started joining in. (Her contribution in italics.)
Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forever more...
...more...
You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.
...a door... (She points at the bedroom door.)
In other words...
Inudder words...
Please be truuuuuue...
Peas be troooooooo...
In other words...
Inudder words...
I love you.
I love you too, dad! (Big hug!)
Like I said... I really enjoy putting her to bed now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home