Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Just like her mommy...

Haley imitates me so frequently now, I sometimes don't even notice. I've mentioned how she cares for her bears and toys, using phrases I use with her. She puts them to bed like I do, reads to them, puts them in time-out, feeds them, etc. This morning she took me by surprise, though. I was dressing for the day and pulled out a pair of short overalls from the bottom of the drawer - I never wear them. Haley was running around upstairs and only came in after I'd finished dressing. She must have noticed the "new" outfit because she reacted the same way I do; she ran up to me, pointing at my overalls, and said in a high-pitched voice "you're so cute!"

Haley's "reading" skills are pretty amazing. She has favorite books that she constantly asks to be read, most of which feature Maisy (a mouse). We buy her new ones from the series every once in awhile, not only because she loves them, but because we long for new material. We picked up another one just this past weekend, "Maisy makes lemonade", so imagine my surprise when I realized she's already memorized it. This morning, Haley woke up and went for the books immediately. Before I'd even roused myself out of bed, she was reading "Maisy makes lemonade" to her bear, almost word for word. (I do not exaggerate). She constantly surprises me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home