Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Verbose Little Thing, Aren't You

All kids seem to switch back and forth between their "favorite" parent of the moment. Some days I'm not allowed to do anything for Haley because she wants "Mommy do it!". Other days, in Nicole's words, its "all about Daddy". While I love the days that Haley is Daddy's Little Girl, there is a downside.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm currently not feeling well. I have a bad sinus infection, to be precise. Yesterday was my first day back at the office after being out for almost a full week. It was pretty difficult to stay focused because I'm still not feeling 100%. By the time I got home, I was physically and mentally drained. I opened the door and put my right toe on the hardwood. Before I could bring my other leg in I was greeted with - "Hey, Daddy! I'm inna sandbox. You wanna play inna sandbox too? I gotta ball. You wanna play catch with Haley? You come outside wit Haley, Daddy. Daddy, you get Haley's shoes? I wanna go onna rocks. You chase Haley, Daddy. Watch me go downna slide, Daddy. I'm gonna do a somersault. I'm running inna grass. I'm gonna play inna water, Daddy. You wanna play wit chalk? Draw a elephant, Daddy. Draw a house, Dad. You want throwa ball wit Haley?"

You get the picture.

Then this morning, I groggily stumbled into the shower. The sinus infection has only been allowing me a few hours sleep each night. After a few minutes of peace... "Hey, Dad! Goo morning! I had a good nap inna Big Girl Bed. Pink Bear fell outta bed, Dad. She getta owie. I kissit and makeit feeeeel better. Whatchu doing, Dad? You inna shower. You dirty. You a naked baby, Dad! Your hair is wet. Whatchu doing, Dad? Haley gonna watch Daddy. I got Baby Tad. You wanna play wit Baby Tad? You all done wit shower? You all clean! Now you play wit Haley!"

Then she "helps" me get dressed. She holds my pant leg "steady" as I put my jeans on. If I get my pants on correctly, she tells me, "Good job, Dad! You a big girl!" Then I go to my T-shirt drawer. "I gonna picka shirt for Daddy. You wear this one, Dad!" She picks the one that says "Stupid" on it in Japanese characters.

The rest of the time she's my shadow.
"Where you going, Dad?"
"I'm going to get a tissue. I have a runny nose."
"I'm coming too! I wanna tissue too! I have a runny nose!"

Sigh. I wouldn't want it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home