Just a funny story...
We've mentioned before that Haley is enjoying her new freedom to come and go during sleeping time thanks to her new big-girl bed. It's not normally an issue, but every once in awhile, Haley manages to make a bit of a mess in her room when she's supposed to be sleeping.
Today, I went to get her after her nap to discover her in the bed, surrounded by diaper wipes and a mysterious white fluffy material. She explained the diaper wipes by saying she needed to wipe her runny nose (can't reach the tissue box). So I move on to the fluff. She is surrounded by about 20-30 stuffed animals in her bed, so I'm having a hard time tracking down which one has a leak. I give up after an unsuccessful search of about 8 bears.
Mom: "Haley, where did this stuffing come from?"
Haley: "From the elephant." (Ah, now we're getting somewhere.) She hands me Lumpy, a large purplish blue elephant from Pooh's Heffalump movie. I look everywhere for the hole, and cannot find it.
Mom: "Haley, where is the hole?"
Haley: "In the back." (Helpful, isn't she?) I look over every inch of Lumpy and discover nothing.
Mom: "Sweetie, I can't find the hole."
Haley, looking thoughtful: "Maybe it's another elephant." She hands me a small pink elephant, not to be easily confused with Lumpy. Again, I search everywhere for the source of the leaky stuffing. Nothing.
Mom: "Haley, I still can't find the hole."
Haley: "Maybe it's another elephant." I honestly can't tell if she was trying to be helpful, or was being a little dickens. I finally discover a small grey elephant, again not to be easily confused with Lumpy or the small pink one. Ah-ha! I have found it. A hole in the back seam of the elephant, from which she has picked out all the stuffing.
Mother, nurse, housekeeper, chef, entertainer, and now detective. Who said staying home would be boring?
Today, I went to get her after her nap to discover her in the bed, surrounded by diaper wipes and a mysterious white fluffy material. She explained the diaper wipes by saying she needed to wipe her runny nose (can't reach the tissue box). So I move on to the fluff. She is surrounded by about 20-30 stuffed animals in her bed, so I'm having a hard time tracking down which one has a leak. I give up after an unsuccessful search of about 8 bears.
Mom: "Haley, where did this stuffing come from?"
Haley: "From the elephant." (Ah, now we're getting somewhere.) She hands me Lumpy, a large purplish blue elephant from Pooh's Heffalump movie. I look everywhere for the hole, and cannot find it.
Mom: "Haley, where is the hole?"
Haley: "In the back." (Helpful, isn't she?) I look over every inch of Lumpy and discover nothing.
Mom: "Sweetie, I can't find the hole."
Haley, looking thoughtful: "Maybe it's another elephant." She hands me a small pink elephant, not to be easily confused with Lumpy. Again, I search everywhere for the source of the leaky stuffing. Nothing.
Mom: "Haley, I still can't find the hole."
Haley: "Maybe it's another elephant." I honestly can't tell if she was trying to be helpful, or was being a little dickens. I finally discover a small grey elephant, again not to be easily confused with Lumpy or the small pink one. Ah-ha! I have found it. A hole in the back seam of the elephant, from which she has picked out all the stuffing.
Mother, nurse, housekeeper, chef, entertainer, and now detective. Who said staying home would be boring?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home