Birthday celebrations...
As we prepare for Haley's 2nd birthday, I'm overwhelmed at how time has flown. What happened to the infant I brought home just 2 years ago? She's growing up so fast! When we read stories at night before bedtime, she rarely consents to sit in my lap anymore - it's heartbreaking for me, even as I understand that she's asserting her independence. It's so wonderful to see her grow up from day to day: learning new words, phrases and sentences; running and jumping and climbing; eating with a fork and spoon (albeit messily); venturing off and playing on her own. Yet I have to admit I miss the days when she would sleep for hours cuddled on my chest. I can only imagine how I'll feel in years to come as she becomes a little girl, then a teen, and finally a woman. Wow! Parenthood is intense!
Birthday celebrations should be fun - the boxes of gifts are already stacking up in the living room, awaiting the big day. Bill's mom and grandma arrived today and are appropriately impressed with Haley's developments since November. They'll be here for a whole birthday week! Haley is throwing a party for her friends in the park on Friday morning; we're attending another party to celebrate multiple birthdays (4 in all) on Saturday afternoon; Sunday is the official day so we'll most likely go to the zoo or something; and Monday we'll most likely get her 2-year portraits done. Busy, busy, busy!
Birthday celebrations should be fun - the boxes of gifts are already stacking up in the living room, awaiting the big day. Bill's mom and grandma arrived today and are appropriately impressed with Haley's developments since November. They'll be here for a whole birthday week! Haley is throwing a party for her friends in the park on Friday morning; we're attending another party to celebrate multiple birthdays (4 in all) on Saturday afternoon; Sunday is the official day so we'll most likely go to the zoo or something; and Monday we'll most likely get her 2-year portraits done. Busy, busy, busy!

2 Comments:
At 8:31 AM,
Azusa said…
How cute your daughter is! Your blog reminded me of the days my sister was a baby.
At 12:18 PM,
Rhonda said…
Happy Birthday Haley!!
Post a Comment
<< Home