I be okay...
Haley is indeed growing up. She is asserting her independence and insisting she can do things for herself. She also plays well by herself at times, and Mommy is trying her best to be vigilant from a distance. Today, we were in the basement playing for awhile when I decided we should change scenery and go upstairs so I could assemble a grocery list while she played. I told Haley, "let's go upstairs sweetie" and she resisted. I said "Mommy is going upstairs, come on, let's go" and she resisted. Finally I said "Mommy is going to turn out the lights - come on, let's go" and she replied "I be okay." So I turned out the lights and started upstairs, curious to see what she would do. Light was still streaming in the basement windows and it wasn't all that dark, so I hear a little voice, "I be okay" and she kept playing for another 5-10 minutes before joining me upstairs!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home