Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rejected Boy Names

Now that Dr Austin (who I've nicknamed "Dr Stone Cold" - What is it with me and wrestling references lately?) is 80% sure we're having a girl, I can probably safely discuss some of the potential names we had picked out if it turned out we were having a boy. The name we had picked out (and will still use if the doctor's prediction is incorrect) was Dylan. Take your pick on the inspiration - singer Bob Dylan, poet Dylan Thomas, etc.

Just for fun, here are a few of the names that got the veto for one reason or another. A few posts back I made a comment that Nicole wasn't crazy about some of my name suggestions. You'd be surprised at the number of people interested in just what those suggestions were.

We all know what a huge comic book geek I am. So a few of my suggestions take their inspiration from the spandex-clad heroes of my youth. (Who am I kidding - I picked up a copy of "The Amazing Spiderman" just last week.)
Parker (as in Peter Parker - Spiderman's secret identity)
Kent (as in Clark Kent - Superman)
Xavier (as in Charles Xavier aka Professor X of the X-Men. Plus, it would just be cool to have a child with the initial "X".)

Couldn't use any of my sports heroes because, to put it bluntly, we're not black. I'm just not sure my little 3/4 caucasian son would be able to pull off Kobe, Shaquille, or Cassius. Lets not even discuss the plausibility of Tiger. One of the names from this category that we did like was Jordan (as in Michael).

Action heroes (and the actors that play them) also yielded a few possibilities...
Harrison (but then we'd have to call the dog "Indiana".)
Connery (I'd like my baby formula shaken, not stirred.)
Clint (Do you know how tough he'd have to be to pull that one off?)
Marlon (This name coulda been a contender.)

We've got a frontrunner for our girls name, but seeing as we decided on Haley's name in the hospital between contractions, I'm going to wait until we get to meet our new little one face to face before I talk about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home