Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Father Daughter Bonding

As many of you have heard, Nicole's mother was in the hospital recently. She is doing fine and is recuperating at home. We all send our prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Nicole flew out to CA to be with her mom during her recovery and to help out around the house where she could. This meant that Haley and I were on our own for a few days. Or as Haley likes to say, "Just you and me, Dad." I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't terrified by this prospect at first. How will I keep her occupied? What if theres an emergency? Doesn't the kid need to eat and stuff? In the end, we had a great time together. At the same time, I renewed my appreciation for what Nicole goes through on a day-to-day basis.

Due to problems at work (color me surprised), I wasn't able to take all of the time off and needed someone to watch Haley for awhile on Friday. So she got to play with her friend Beck for a few hours. That evening we rented movies from Blockbuster (or as Haley calls it, "the movie library"). Haley picked out some kind of saccarine sweet Care Bears movie, while I opted to watch former wrestler The Rock punch aliens in the face in the movie Doom. (Yeah, the guy at the counter gave us that face too.)

We got an early start on Saturday and headed out to the Rec Center pool, which Haley has been bugging us about since the snow melted. "Is it summer yet? I want to go swimming." Over two hours later she STILL didn't want to leave. But I managed to lure her out with the promise of pancakes for lunch. That afternoon we went to the real library and got a few new books. Haley's current favorite series of books are the ones featuring Harold And The Purple Crayon. So we picked up a few of those and a Curious George book.

The plan for Sunday was to play at the neighborhood park for a few minutes before heading out to the mall. Haley enjoys going to our mall because it has a dinosaur-themed play area, large sandbox area, and jumpy castle. But we never made it there. Ten minutes or so into our time at the park, Haley's friend Bree (and her parents) showed up. The kids played together so well that before we knew it over two hours had gone by. As we were leaving, Bree's parents invited us to BBQ for dinner. So after our nap (Haley napped, I played Xbox) we picked up some pie and ice cream and headed over. Once again, the girls played together very nicely and the adults were able to have a nice conversation.

Monday saw yet another visit to another park. I had originally planned to do the mall outing we missed the previous day, but got another invite to head to the park with another of Haley's neighborhood friends, a little girl named Evie. Once again (Man, did I luck out), the girls played very nicely, and we all had a nice lunch together.

Mommy came home Monday night. Despite having a nice few days together, both Haley and I were happy to have her back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home