Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thanks Easter Bunny

Haley and I were taking the dog for a walk Monday afternoon. The first half of the walk went very quickly as Haley insisted on holding the leash. For every one of Akira's four-legged steps those short little legs had to take a half-dozen steps of their own just to keep up. As a result, we practically jogged the first half of the walk. The speed of the first portion of our walk was averaged out by the fact that the now tired toddler handed me the leash at the halfway point and proceeded to drag her feet for the remainder of the outing.

At one point, Haley was a step or so behind me when I heard her little voice chime, "Look, Daddy! The Easter Bunny left me another egg!" I turned to see what she was talking about just in time to see her pick up a small blue robin egg that had fallen out of a nearby tree. I got out the words, "Haley, Don't..." before she did what I was afraid of... she squeezed. Squish! Yolk running down her arm and on the front of her shirt, she wore a look of surprise. She looked at me as if to say, "Hey! That's not chocolate!"

After a second she began to cry. "What is it, Daddy?! Get it off!!!!!" Since I had intended this to only be a short walk, I didn't have any wipes or tissues with me. So... (sigh) I used my shirt. I walked the rest of the way home with sticky yellow gore all over the front of my T-shirt, trying the whole time to explain to Haley what the "yellow guck" was, without using the words "baby bird."

I'm sure I'll look back at this one day and laugh... just not anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home