The Game Is Afoot, Watson
I don't think we have to worry that we're raising a criminal mastermind.
The other day Nicole was cooking in the kitchen when she hears from the family room - "Oh-oh." Nicole sighs and goes to investigate. Haley is standing in front of the TV, and the DVD player has been turned on. She looks from Nicole, to the DVD player, and back at Nicole. Then she points at the DVD player and says, "Someone pushed the button."
"Someone", eh? Not sure I need to call Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.
She did something similar to me the other night. I put Haley to bed and went downstairs to watch TV. After a few minutes, the baby monitor crackles to life with shuffling sounds. This is followed by the rustle of paper and a soft voice reading the book "Maisy Loves You" out loud. I give Nicole a resigned look and trudge back up the stairs to tell Haley to go to bed. When I enter her room, Haley is lying under the covers pretending to sleep. There are books all over the floor. She sits up in bed, looks at me, then the books on the floor, then back at me. She points at the books and says, "Someone put books on the floor."
Theres that "someone" again. Better go get my CSI fingerprint kit to find out who the culprit is.
The other day Nicole was cooking in the kitchen when she hears from the family room - "Oh-oh." Nicole sighs and goes to investigate. Haley is standing in front of the TV, and the DVD player has been turned on. She looks from Nicole, to the DVD player, and back at Nicole. Then she points at the DVD player and says, "Someone pushed the button."
"Someone", eh? Not sure I need to call Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.
She did something similar to me the other night. I put Haley to bed and went downstairs to watch TV. After a few minutes, the baby monitor crackles to life with shuffling sounds. This is followed by the rustle of paper and a soft voice reading the book "Maisy Loves You" out loud. I give Nicole a resigned look and trudge back up the stairs to tell Haley to go to bed. When I enter her room, Haley is lying under the covers pretending to sleep. There are books all over the floor. She sits up in bed, looks at me, then the books on the floor, then back at me. She points at the books and says, "Someone put books on the floor."
Theres that "someone" again. Better go get my CSI fingerprint kit to find out who the culprit is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home