Conversation with a 2-year-old...
I know I've said it before, but I am really enjoying the fact that Haley is so verbal now. She has so many observations, she mimics our speech patterns when she cares for her dolls, she just loves to talk. And our conversations are interesting, to say the least. Can I even call it a conversation? Her train of thought is definitely different than an adult, but it's amusing all the same. Especially since she talks about her favorite TV characters as if they were friends that regularly stop by the house.
Here's an example of an exchange we had today on the way home from the grocery store, when I saw a fox on the side of the road (a live one, not roadkill, you sickos!)
Mom: Haley, look over there, it's a fox!
Haley: What's he doing?
Mom: I'm not sure. I think he needs to find his way back to the forest to hunt for food.
Haley: Just like Maisy and Charlie and Eddie! (Very excited)
Mom: Hmm... I don't remember Maisy having a friend that was a fox.
Haley: No. (Pause) Just like Cinderella doesn't have a fox.
Mom: No. Cinderella doesn't have a fox either.
Here's an example of an exchange we had today on the way home from the grocery store, when I saw a fox on the side of the road (a live one, not roadkill, you sickos!)
Mom: Haley, look over there, it's a fox!
Haley: What's he doing?
Mom: I'm not sure. I think he needs to find his way back to the forest to hunt for food.
Haley: Just like Maisy and Charlie and Eddie! (Very excited)
Mom: Hmm... I don't remember Maisy having a friend that was a fox.
Haley: No. (Pause) Just like Cinderella doesn't have a fox.
Mom: No. Cinderella doesn't have a fox either.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home