Kangaroo Kingdom
Haley has begun processing memories and describing them! It's an important developmental step, and it's amazing to see how much she actually remembers! Her most descriptive narrative so far relates to Kangaroo Kingdom, a gym we visit each week with some friends for a class called Junior Bouncers. We sing, dance and play on pretty cool toddler gym equipment to develop climbing skills, jumping, balancing, etc. When Daddy comes home, Haley regales him with the story of her activities and who was there: "Kangaroo Kingdom and slide and bounce and Evie and Beck and Jocelyn and Christy..." She gets very excited about it, and can also anticipate our activities when I tell her that's where we're going. And her memory is longer than I'd expect - we went to lunch with Bill yesterday and visited a restaurant we hadn't been to in at least two months. She sat down and when the food came, she asked for pretzels, somehow remembering that's what we'd had last time we ate there! I'm constantly amazed by how much she processes!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home