Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Almost TWO!

I just got back from a business trip to CA late Thursday night. I can't believe how much Haley has grown and changed just in the three days I've been gone. A few notable milestones -As some of you can attest to, she's beginning to interact with the phone more. While I was on my trip, I called once a day to talk to Nicole and Haley. I didn't expect Haley to say much, but she really surprised me! Nothing will make you want to get home faster than your 22-month-old saying "I miss you" very clearly into the phone. -The other big milestone isn't as "fun" but its still a pretty big step from a parenting point of view. We've started issuing "time outs" for misbehaving, and they appear to be working.

We're looking forward to a number of visits in the upcoming months. My mom and grandmother are coming out the week of Haley's birthday, Kami and Gigi (Michael and Vicky) are planning a trip in the near future, and we have several friends planning trips.

Speaking of her birthday, its coming up pretty fast! A few quick suggestions for gifts. (Don't go overboard, grandparents. Remember, she is at the age where a 25 cent rubber ball will elicit the same reaction as a new car.)
-Bedroom furniture. This summer, we're moving Haley into her "big girl" room. (Which is currently the guest room some of you have stayed in.) My mom and grandmother have already offered to get her a bed, so we'll be shopping with them when they come out.
-Playground equipment. Haley LOVES the swings and slide at the nearby park, but it will be a while before we allow her to go play there unsupervised. We've considered getting some inexpensive (but well-built) playground equipment for the back yard.
-Water table. I might be getting this for her myself. She's at the age where she enjoys filling the sink with water and playing with her water toys. Great for outdoor summer play.
-BIG bubbles. Haley loves bubbles. I want to get her one of those BIG bubble wands.
-Clothes. Of course.
-Toys/books/DVDs/CDs. By now you should have an idea of the stuff she likes... The Wiggles, Sesame Street, Maisy, animals, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home