Brave New World
(Bill walks to center stage and puts down soap box. Steps onto it.) I love Sesame Street. On many occasions as a parent, I have complained about the condescending nature of some of the children's programming out there. Sesame Street is always educational, always entertaining, and never talks down to kids. Their latest approach to the obesity trend in children is appropriately subtle, and is one more reason I have so much respect for them.
http://tinyurl.com/6cj46
(Steps down of soap box. Exit stage left.)
But enough of that. You're here to read about the continuing adventures of Haley. And believe me...Every day is an adventure at this age. Our family walks are one of the good examples. No longer content to sit in a stroller and be pushed around the neighborhood, Haley insists on walking. And everything... And I mean EVERYTHING... We see during these walks is cause for her to run off to investigate - A leaf, rocks, a bunny, a discarded straw, flowers, a stick, you name it. Even the most mundane of items becomes something amazing. Seeing these things through her eyes makes it amazing for Nicole and I as well.
Its especially amusing when she goes exploring with another toddler. Recently, Haley and I spent the afternoon with Joe, Logan, and Cas. Watching Haley and Cas interact is truly entertaining. Haley would shout, "Bug!" and point at the ground. Cas would run over and the two of them would stare at an ant for a few minutes. Then Cas found a patch of sand on the patio. He pointed and yelled, "Sand!" and Haley would run over and they would stare and poke at the sand for a few minutes. Then we gave all the kids popsicles and it was a race to see who could make the biggest mess.
http://tinyurl.com/6cj46
(Steps down of soap box. Exit stage left.)
But enough of that. You're here to read about the continuing adventures of Haley. And believe me...Every day is an adventure at this age. Our family walks are one of the good examples. No longer content to sit in a stroller and be pushed around the neighborhood, Haley insists on walking. And everything... And I mean EVERYTHING... We see during these walks is cause for her to run off to investigate - A leaf, rocks, a bunny, a discarded straw, flowers, a stick, you name it. Even the most mundane of items becomes something amazing. Seeing these things through her eyes makes it amazing for Nicole and I as well.
Its especially amusing when she goes exploring with another toddler. Recently, Haley and I spent the afternoon with Joe, Logan, and Cas. Watching Haley and Cas interact is truly entertaining. Haley would shout, "Bug!" and point at the ground. Cas would run over and the two of them would stare at an ant for a few minutes. Then Cas found a patch of sand on the patio. He pointed and yelled, "Sand!" and Haley would run over and they would stare and poke at the sand for a few minutes. Then we gave all the kids popsicles and it was a race to see who could make the biggest mess.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home