Flower Drawing
Well, the "terrible twos" are in full effect. I came home yesterday to a very haggard Nicole. Haley has apparently started the "testing the boundries" games that every child does at about this age. For example, throwing a tantrum for a specific item, and refusing it once someone gets it for you. Repeat.
So I cut Nicole loose to get some time to herself while I put Haley to bed. I got my share of the tantrums too, but at least I was ready for them. So the entire time shes screaming, I'm telling her about the new "low dropout pulsewidth modulated switching power regulator" I'm developing a test system for. Gotta love the captive audience.
Wasn't all bad. She enjoyed her bath. We have crayons made for bath-time that let her draw on the side of the tub and wash away with water. She drew her usual chicken-scratch pictures, but this time pointed to them and declared "FLOWER!" I commended her on a beautiful flower drawing.
New words today are TV-related, but she said them VERY clearly considering their complexity. "Sesame Street" and "Super Grover".
So I cut Nicole loose to get some time to herself while I put Haley to bed. I got my share of the tantrums too, but at least I was ready for them. So the entire time shes screaming, I'm telling her about the new "low dropout pulsewidth modulated switching power regulator" I'm developing a test system for. Gotta love the captive audience.
Wasn't all bad. She enjoyed her bath. We have crayons made for bath-time that let her draw on the side of the tub and wash away with water. She drew her usual chicken-scratch pictures, but this time pointed to them and declared "FLOWER!" I commended her on a beautiful flower drawing.
New words today are TV-related, but she said them VERY clearly considering their complexity. "Sesame Street" and "Super Grover".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home