“Purple Monkey Buy”
I just posted that long blog about Haley’s first week at kindergarten, and I wanted to make sure Zoe wasn’t being overshadowed by sister’s big week. I thought it would be nice to highlight some of the things that have floated to the surface as her favorite things. We go to the zoo pretty frequently, so its no surprise that one of her favorite books is “Dear Zoo” and that she has two favorite animals. Zoe loves giraffes and monkeys! On a recent zoo trip we stopped in the gift shop. Zoe draped a lavender stuffed toy monkey around her neck and walked up to us. “Purple monkey buy,” she declared! We have a rule about not buying stuffed toys AND a rule about not buying things from gift shops. Needless to say, we were forced to break both of them that day. You can also tell from that anecdote that her favorite color is purple. The other toy that gets carted around the house and needs to be in her bed at night is “purple baby”.
She also has a fascination with airplanes. I don’t think we ever realized how many planes fly overhead until you have a little voice shouting, “Airplane! Airplane!” whenever one is anywhere nearby. (I usually respond with a Ricardo Montalban impersonation when she does this, but the reference is lost to her. Sigh. Will these kids ever appreciate the comic genius of their father? I digress.) This will happen three or four times every time we’re outside. Nicole is planning to take her to lunch at a diner at our small local airport to watch the planes take off and land. I’m betting that excursion will make it into the blog as well.
She also has a fascination with airplanes. I don’t think we ever realized how many planes fly overhead until you have a little voice shouting, “Airplane! Airplane!” whenever one is anywhere nearby. (I usually respond with a Ricardo Montalban impersonation when she does this, but the reference is lost to her. Sigh. Will these kids ever appreciate the comic genius of their father? I digress.) This will happen three or four times every time we’re outside. Nicole is planning to take her to lunch at a diner at our small local airport to watch the planes take off and land. I’m betting that excursion will make it into the blog as well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home