Growing Up Too Fast: Part 2
This was an actual conversation this morning. We were watching the news and Haley was interested in a report on a rocket launch of an oceanic survey satellite.
Haley: Is that a rocket?
Dad: Yes! It’s taking a satellite into space. The satellite will float around the Earth and collect information about the oceans for scientists.
Haley: So scientists can learn about the ocean?
Dad: Yes.
(Haley is quiet for a minute. Then she changes topics randomly. This happens sometimes when talking to her.)
Haley: When I grow up I want to drive a pink [Ford] Mustang.
Dad: Some scientists make a lot of money. If you become a scientist, you’ll be able to buy a pink Mustang.
Haley: I’ll just have my husband buy me one.
And that’s how I burned the inside of my nostrils with coffee.
Haley: Is that a rocket?
Dad: Yes! It’s taking a satellite into space. The satellite will float around the Earth and collect information about the oceans for scientists.
Haley: So scientists can learn about the ocean?
Dad: Yes.
(Haley is quiet for a minute. Then she changes topics randomly. This happens sometimes when talking to her.)
Haley: When I grow up I want to drive a pink [Ford] Mustang.
Dad: Some scientists make a lot of money. If you become a scientist, you’ll be able to buy a pink Mustang.
Haley: I’ll just have my husband buy me one.
And that’s how I burned the inside of my nostrils with coffee.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home