Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Curious George...


Today was Haley's first big-screen movie experience, and it went rather well, I must say. She didn't go running up and down the aisles as I feared; she didn't scream when the lights were dimmed; and she didn't insist we leave partway through. That said, it wasn't quite the magical experience I had hoped for, either. Her eyes didn't bulge at the sight of the enormous screen, she didn't gasp in amazement at the number of seats in the theatre. But we had a good time, nonetheless.

And for you die-hard movie-goers out there, don't worry, it'll be some time before I bring her to a normal-time screening of anything. It was a 10:15am matinee, with mostly parents and toddlers in attendance. I think the oldest kid I saw there was 9. So the audience was forgiving of the constant questions.

The movie begins with George the monkey in his native jungle in Africa. Cute scene of him playing and getting into trouble. Then they cut to the Man in the Big Yellow Hat (Ted) in New York at his museum. This entire scene was peppered with "Where's George?" "He's still in the jungle." Pause. "Where's George?" "This man is going to find him back in the jungle." Pause. "Where's George?" "We have to wait and see..." Pause. "Where's George?" And on and on. I was never so happy to see George reappear on screen!

And finally, the movie's plot builds and they have the happy ending, and it's met with "It's over? Where's George?" Maybe we'll wait a bit for the next movie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home