Yar, Matey, I Be Needin' A Seat
Nicole really needs to tell me when Haley learns a new word. Last night I was getting Haley's bath ready. I was filling up the tub when Haley came in and asked if she could use the potty. She sat down on the toilet and I went back to checking the temperature of the water. Haley said something that I couldn't hear. "What was that, kiddo?" She said it again, but I still couldn't hear her due to the sound of the water filling the tub. I leaned in closer. "Sorry, sweetie, Daddy can't hear. Can you say it again?" She spoke clearly into my ear. The problem wasn't that I couldn't hear her, the problem was that what she was saying didn't make any sense. I tried to repeat it to her. "You want... a... Pirate Seat?" She shook her head and said it again. It once again sounded like "I wanna Pirate Seat." I was about to ask Nicole if they had been sailing the Spanish Main in search of treasure earlier in the day when I figured it out.
"Daddy, I want some privacy."
Apparently she got it from one of her friends that likes to be alone when she uses the potty. I shut off the water to the tub and left the bathroom, closing the door behind me. After all, you've got to give a girl her "Pirate Seat".
"Daddy, I want some privacy."
Apparently she got it from one of her friends that likes to be alone when she uses the potty. I shut off the water to the tub and left the bathroom, closing the door behind me. After all, you've got to give a girl her "Pirate Seat".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home