Mon Dieu, Papa!
Nicole and I are doing our best to introduce Haley to foreign languages even at this early stage. As a result, Haley has several childrens books in French that Bunny and Grumpa (Cindy and Tom) bought for her on a recent trip to Europe. When I attempt to read these books to Haley my pronunciation is, in a word, merde. So this past weekend, I sit Haley down for storytime and ask her to pick out a book. She brings me a French book about colors called "Couleurs". The exchange between us went something like this:
"Daddy, read Couleurs."
"Ohhh... You want me to read the Colors book."
"No, Daddy...Couleurs!"
Yes, dear friends, my two year old is correcting my French pronunciation.
Further injury to my ego was sustained when I only got three pages in before she got tired of my butchering of the French language and said "No!" and slammed the book closed. She then brought me "Green Eggs And Ham", which I seemed to do much better on. After all, I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you, Sam I Am.
"Daddy, read Couleurs."
"Ohhh... You want me to read the Colors book."
"No, Daddy...Couleurs!"
Yes, dear friends, my two year old is correcting my French pronunciation.
Further injury to my ego was sustained when I only got three pages in before she got tired of my butchering of the French language and said "No!" and slammed the book closed. She then brought me "Green Eggs And Ham", which I seemed to do much better on. After all, I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you, Sam I Am.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home