Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Big girl bed...

We are gradually transitioning Haley from her crib to a big girl bed. The first step was to remove her crib rail on Friday evening, so she can now come and go freely (is this really a good idea?) I put her to bed that night, following our typical routine which includes storytime and singing before bed. When I put her in her "big girl bed" I sat down next to her and commented how nice it was I could kiss her good night while she was lying down (couldn't reach before). She seemed excited about her big girl bed, but a little nervous, too, 'cause then she said something that broke my heart. First she said, "Mommy go sleep too?" and I said "Yes, Mommy is going to go to sleep too." Then she clarified, "Mommy sleep Haley's bed?" Ohhhhh, pull at heart strings... "No, sweetie, Mommy's too big for your bed. I'll sit here for a little bit, though." She seemed relieved: "Mommy sit little bit." She got through the night just fine and only fell out of bed 3 times. (Don't worry, we had a big body pillow next to the crib to break her fall - she didn't even wake up 2 of the times!) This growing up thing is hard!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    How cute! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home