Need... Sleep...
I know. I know. The blog is not getting updated regularly. Give us a few months to get used to being a family of four. Right now "Updating The Blog" is falling somewhere on my priority list between "Write Fan Mail To David Hasselhoff" and "Achieve World Peace".
But I do want to keep all of you updated, so I'll continue to update when I can.
Zoe is doing fantastic! If weight gain is any indication of a baby's health, we have nothing to worry about. The pediatrician said that they hope a baby gains about an ounce a day during this time period. In less than two weeks, Zoe has gained over 19 ounces. Do the math. She is still not sleeping through the night, but we do seem to be making some headway. She has also started taking breastmilk from a bottle, which means that I can now feed her and give Nicole some much deserved rest.
Haley is also doing very well. However, she has entered what I call "The Age Of Why". Everything you tell her, she has to repeatedly ask "Why".
"Haley, put on your shoes."
"Why?"
"Because we have to go in the car."
"Why?"
"Because we're going to Bunny and Grumpas house."
"Why?"
(Wait for it...) "BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!"
There are times when she genuinely wants to know, and other times when she is just playing. I usually try to humor her for a few rounds of Why, but every man has his limits.
She is thoroughly enjoying ballet class and preschool. We often get impromptu dance recitals several times a day. She is also starting to draw and write her letters properly. She currently can make a pretty good circle, and can do the letters "H" and "L". I'm trying to get her to be able to write her name by the time the holidays are here.
There are a TON of other stories I want to tell, but just don't have the time. Next time you see me, be sure to ask about The Age Of Potty Humor, where farts have become the funniest thing ever. Or ask about how my daughter thinks I'm Superman, and I haven't bothered to correct her. Or you could ask about the toy dinosaur I carry with me in my pocket "to keep you company at work, Dad." Or how the first snow of the season was the cause of one of the most delighted squeals ever heard by the human ear. As I said... a TON of stories.
But I do want to keep all of you updated, so I'll continue to update when I can.
Zoe is doing fantastic! If weight gain is any indication of a baby's health, we have nothing to worry about. The pediatrician said that they hope a baby gains about an ounce a day during this time period. In less than two weeks, Zoe has gained over 19 ounces. Do the math. She is still not sleeping through the night, but we do seem to be making some headway. She has also started taking breastmilk from a bottle, which means that I can now feed her and give Nicole some much deserved rest.
Haley is also doing very well. However, she has entered what I call "The Age Of Why". Everything you tell her, she has to repeatedly ask "Why".
"Haley, put on your shoes."
"Why?"
"Because we have to go in the car."
"Why?"
"Because we're going to Bunny and Grumpas house."
"Why?"
(Wait for it...) "BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!"
There are times when she genuinely wants to know, and other times when she is just playing. I usually try to humor her for a few rounds of Why, but every man has his limits.
She is thoroughly enjoying ballet class and preschool. We often get impromptu dance recitals several times a day. She is also starting to draw and write her letters properly. She currently can make a pretty good circle, and can do the letters "H" and "L". I'm trying to get her to be able to write her name by the time the holidays are here.
There are a TON of other stories I want to tell, but just don't have the time. Next time you see me, be sure to ask about The Age Of Potty Humor, where farts have become the funniest thing ever. Or ask about how my daughter thinks I'm Superman, and I haven't bothered to correct her. Or you could ask about the toy dinosaur I carry with me in my pocket "to keep you company at work, Dad." Or how the first snow of the season was the cause of one of the most delighted squeals ever heard by the human ear. As I said... a TON of stories.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home