Thanks For The Warning, Steve
Remember that scene in the movie "Parenthood"? The one where Steve Martin asks his daughter, "Do you feel like you're going to throw up?" and she says, "Ok" and proceeds to puke all over him? Yeaaaah... thats not as funny anymore.
Haley was her usual fun and active self all day Saturday. When she woke up from her nap, she was clingy and needy. Not unusual - she's been regressing a little lately and constantly wants to be carried or held like a baby. She was complaining that her tummy hurt. Not unusual - she complains about having a tummy ache once a day for various reasons ranging from being hungry, to being full, to using it as an excuse to not do something. She didn't eat her dinner. Not unusual - sometimes she eats a good size lunch and ignores her dinner completely.
But I think you see where this is going.
I picked her up and held her in my lap, thinking that she was just being moody. Half a second later I'm covered in her lunch from 5 hours ago.
And that was our Saturday night until about 3am or so. To her credit, after the initial "assault" on my T-shirt and jeans, she was pretty good about directing her throw up into a trash can or toilet. Hearing your daughter say, "I need to make a sick in the trash can", is not something I'd wish on any parent.
On Sunday Nicole got the same ailment. Haley was doing better, but Nicole spent the day in bed. We think that they both got this nasty bug from the bouncy castle the mom's group went to on Friday. At least one of the other kids and mothers had a similar weekend.
Haley was her usual fun and active self all day Saturday. When she woke up from her nap, she was clingy and needy. Not unusual - she's been regressing a little lately and constantly wants to be carried or held like a baby. She was complaining that her tummy hurt. Not unusual - she complains about having a tummy ache once a day for various reasons ranging from being hungry, to being full, to using it as an excuse to not do something. She didn't eat her dinner. Not unusual - sometimes she eats a good size lunch and ignores her dinner completely.
But I think you see where this is going.
I picked her up and held her in my lap, thinking that she was just being moody. Half a second later I'm covered in her lunch from 5 hours ago.
And that was our Saturday night until about 3am or so. To her credit, after the initial "assault" on my T-shirt and jeans, she was pretty good about directing her throw up into a trash can or toilet. Hearing your daughter say, "I need to make a sick in the trash can", is not something I'd wish on any parent.
On Sunday Nicole got the same ailment. Haley was doing better, but Nicole spent the day in bed. We think that they both got this nasty bug from the bouncy castle the mom's group went to on Friday. At least one of the other kids and mothers had a similar weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home