Hawaii was wonderful...
We're home from Hawaii, and we had a wonderful visit with family. Haley proved more adaptable than we gave her credit for, and handled the plane trip well. I don't think she quite understood the concept of flying, though. When she got antsy in her seat, I suggested we go for a little walk to stretch our legs. We walked up and down the aisles of the airplane, and when we returned to our seat, Haley complained - "I want to go for a little walk". I tried to explain that we had just completed our walk, but she said, "No, I want to walk outside!"
Thanksgiving was a little overwhelming for Haley - probably about 40 people she didn't know well. She hadn't adjusted to the time change and it was already past her bedtime when we arrived. But she fared well and played with her cousin's toys - I think the family was just happy to see a little one running around again! And we enjoyed time with the extended family that we don't see often.
The rest of the trip was spent going to the beach, the hotel pool, and shopping. And lots of eating! Good thing I didn't join the weight loss bet between the family - I probably gained about 5 pounds on all the local food! Haley loved the beach - the biggest sand box she'd ever seen! We built sand castles and splashed in the water - big fun!
We also had the opportunity to go to a family wedding while we were there - at least 450 people, most of whom I'd never met! Haley made friends with a distant cousin her age and had a blast running around with her outside the reception hall.
We kept healthy the whole trip, though now that we're home Bill and I are battling colds. We were welcomed home with our first snow, so we're just keeping warm at home and enjoying sleeping in our own beds.
I'll post pictures soon, I promise!
Thanksgiving was a little overwhelming for Haley - probably about 40 people she didn't know well. She hadn't adjusted to the time change and it was already past her bedtime when we arrived. But she fared well and played with her cousin's toys - I think the family was just happy to see a little one running around again! And we enjoyed time with the extended family that we don't see often.
The rest of the trip was spent going to the beach, the hotel pool, and shopping. And lots of eating! Good thing I didn't join the weight loss bet between the family - I probably gained about 5 pounds on all the local food! Haley loved the beach - the biggest sand box she'd ever seen! We built sand castles and splashed in the water - big fun!
We also had the opportunity to go to a family wedding while we were there - at least 450 people, most of whom I'd never met! Haley made friends with a distant cousin her age and had a blast running around with her outside the reception hall.
We kept healthy the whole trip, though now that we're home Bill and I are battling colds. We were welcomed home with our first snow, so we're just keeping warm at home and enjoying sleeping in our own beds.
I'll post pictures soon, I promise!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home