Christmas is coming...
Christmas is coming, and Haley is beginning to feel the Christmas spirit. She is so excited to have a tree in our living room, for example! And when we showed her the lights, her face lit up brighter than any commercial lights we could ever hope to buy.
We unpacked boxes of Christmas decorations the other day, and Haley was very excited to get her little hands on all my breakable decor. One of her favorite items is a plate being held up by 3 Santas, which we have designated as the Cookies for Santa plate. I explained that we would put cookies on the plate for Santa as a thank you for all his hard work delivering toys to good little girls and boys. She insisted on putting the cookies out immediately, and didn't seem to understand that Christmas was still 19 days away. About 15 minutes after my explanation, she brought the plate back to me and asked again for cookies for Santa. I told her that right before she went to bed on Christmas Eve, we would put the cookies out for Santa. She then insisted on going to bed immediately! I think time is still a concept beyond her grasp!
I think Christmas is going to be very fun for all of us this year - who couldn't enjoy the holiday through the eyes of a 2-year old?
We unpacked boxes of Christmas decorations the other day, and Haley was very excited to get her little hands on all my breakable decor. One of her favorite items is a plate being held up by 3 Santas, which we have designated as the Cookies for Santa plate. I explained that we would put cookies on the plate for Santa as a thank you for all his hard work delivering toys to good little girls and boys. She insisted on putting the cookies out immediately, and didn't seem to understand that Christmas was still 19 days away. About 15 minutes after my explanation, she brought the plate back to me and asked again for cookies for Santa. I told her that right before she went to bed on Christmas Eve, we would put the cookies out for Santa. She then insisted on going to bed immediately! I think time is still a concept beyond her grasp!
I think Christmas is going to be very fun for all of us this year - who couldn't enjoy the holiday through the eyes of a 2-year old?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home