Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our New Ballerina

Following in big sister's footsteps, Zoe has started taking ballet class. She loves it and loves her new teacher. Between this, starting preschool, learning to use the potty, and her upcoming birthday, she has got a LOT going on at the moment. I'm constantly delighted to hear from both girls how their day went when I get home from work. Both are excited to accommodate me.

I also wanted to capture some of our favorite Zoe phrases in the blog. She uses "my" instead of "I" and has trouble with her "L" sound, replacing them with a "Y" sound. So our favorite thing to hear is "My Yove You". When she wants to show us something "Yook!" is also very entertaining.

One phrase she has used for many months now is "My don't care, and that's all!" We're not sure where she picked this one up, but she says it all the time. As you can imagine, she uses it when she is defiant about doing something like cleaning up or going to bed. However, she even sings it as a lullaby to her dolls: "Myyyyyy don't caaare... and that's allllll." My personal favorite instance is when she called me over to tell me a secret. Very serious, she motioned for me to come closer... closer... closer... until my ear was centimeters from her mouth. Then she whispered..."My don't care... and that's all." I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home