Haley And Zoe's Web

Hello and welcome to Haley and Zoe's Web! For the uninitiated, this is a weblog (more commonly known as a "blog"), which is an online journal that is available for anyone to read. Haley and Zoe are growing up so fast that we wanted a way for all of you to keep up with their day-to-day advances. So pull up a chair and brace yourself for the cuteness to follow.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you! Back at work today and, boy, does it suck. I'm just kidding, its not that bad. Just a lot of paperwork, emails, and voicemails to wade through before I can sink my teeth into the real meat of my workload.

The week following Christmas was a fun and relaxing one. We had one final "Holiday" party to host. We had wanted to throw a Christmas party for all of the kids in Haley's weekly playgroup, but the hectic nature of the pre-Christmas rush took its toll and it never materialized. So on the Wednesday following Christmas, we had the kids come over and decorate Christmas cookies and play. Everyone had a good time. I didn't hear any of the two-year-olds complaining about the tardiness of the festivities. The rest of the week was spent taking down the decorations (didn't we just put these up!?), and enjoying our new presents.

On New Year's eve we had dinner with the parents and kids from the playgroup. Since all of the kids were 2 and under, the party wrapped up at 8:30. I'd like to tell you that Nicole and I got a sitter and went out after that in a tux and cocktail dress to sip champagne at midnight, but I might burst into flames from the sheer magnitude of a lie that size. We put Haley to bed, then we put ourselves to bed. Several episodes of the requisite Twilight Zone and I Love The 80s marathons later (I refuse to watch Regis, Ryan Seacrest, or Carson Daly), I wished my sleeping wife a happy new year, gave her a kiss, and turned out the light.

Lame? Perhaps. But I enjoyed it just the same.

New Years Day was unfortunately spent taking care of our ailing cat, who has taken a turn for the worse. We capped off the evening having dinner with our friends, the Szott family, and allowing the kids to destroy (and eat) the gingerbread house we built during the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home