Mmmmm...Ketchup....
And so continues a long-standing tradition of fathers corrupting their young. Nicole went out to brunch with her friends today, leaving Haley and I alone for the greater part of the morning. Needing a few household items, I strapped Haley in and headed off to the local Target. Once there, Dad once again lost his mind and started throwing things into the cart for his princess. Two new books (Go, Dog, Go! and It's Potty Time!), two new toys (playdoh and bubbles for the Easter basket), and colored goldfish crackers. (I tried to get her intersted in a Chewbacca action figure from Star Wars, but to no avail.)
Then it was time for lunch. As you all know, Nicole is very good about feeding Haley properly - tofu, veggies, healthy cereals... Too bad she wasn't there to stop me from getting Haley a Happy Meal! Three nuggets (and a short break to play with her new Mr Incredible toy) later, she and I were sitting across from each other eating french fries. I begin dipping my fries in ketchup. She points to my ketchup quizzically. "Thats ketchup," I say. She picks up a fry and points it at the ketchup. "Sure...give it a try." She dips her fry in the ketchup, and examines it for a very long time before placing the fry in her mouth. There was a flashing moment of recognition, before what can only be be described as a "ketchup feeding frenzy". Notice I said "ketchup" there...not "french fry feeding frenzy". An important distiction, since Haley was dipping the SAME fry repeatedly into the ketchup and sucking the ketchup off before going in for more. Ahhhh....the all-ketchup lunch....good times.
On another note, Haleys vocabulary has exploded this weekend! Forget "word of the day"...in the past two days, Haley has said ALL of the following for the first time, and used them ALL correctly - Tiger, Monkey, Yawn, Circle, Oval, Dorothy (a green dinosaur on her favorite show The Wiggles), Sticker, Funny, Slinky (It goes down stairs...), Boat, and Airplane. And our personal favorite "Turn", as in "Haleys turn" or "Mommy's turn".
Then it was time for lunch. As you all know, Nicole is very good about feeding Haley properly - tofu, veggies, healthy cereals... Too bad she wasn't there to stop me from getting Haley a Happy Meal! Three nuggets (and a short break to play with her new Mr Incredible toy) later, she and I were sitting across from each other eating french fries. I begin dipping my fries in ketchup. She points to my ketchup quizzically. "Thats ketchup," I say. She picks up a fry and points it at the ketchup. "Sure...give it a try." She dips her fry in the ketchup, and examines it for a very long time before placing the fry in her mouth. There was a flashing moment of recognition, before what can only be be described as a "ketchup feeding frenzy". Notice I said "ketchup" there...not "french fry feeding frenzy". An important distiction, since Haley was dipping the SAME fry repeatedly into the ketchup and sucking the ketchup off before going in for more. Ahhhh....the all-ketchup lunch....good times.
On another note, Haleys vocabulary has exploded this weekend! Forget "word of the day"...in the past two days, Haley has said ALL of the following for the first time, and used them ALL correctly - Tiger, Monkey, Yawn, Circle, Oval, Dorothy (a green dinosaur on her favorite show The Wiggles), Sticker, Funny, Slinky (It goes down stairs...), Boat, and Airplane. And our personal favorite "Turn", as in "Haleys turn" or "Mommy's turn".

1 Comments:
At 9:51 AM,
Anonymous said…
Haley,
Kami likes ketchup on his french fries, too. You go girl!
Kami
Post a Comment
<< Home